Only white/blank screen after splash screen in signed APK version

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 35.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

So my app running perfectly in dev with either:

1. expo start --no-dev --minify
  2. expo publish

But when I build the android APK version expo build:android -t apk, It only shows white/blank screen right after the splash screen showed up when it’s supposed to load the App. Any idea why this happen?

Hey @adhyapranata,

Is this occurring on an emulator or a physical device? Also, is this occurring on different models of Android phones? If so, which?

Cheers,
Adam

Hi @adamjnav,

I finally got it fixed after a couple of hours of grinding. This occurred in a physical device, I only tested it on OnePlus 6.

Solution: update expo-cli from 3.4.1 to the lastest one which is 3.11.1

2 Likes

Hi @adhyapranata,

I updated expo-cli to 3.11.1 and 3.11.3 but the issue still persists.

The app shows only white/blank screen right after showing the splash screen and asking for permissions.

Any more ideas?

Hi @limbowe,

Is your app running fine in dev mode? If yes, do you have “scheme” property in your app.json. That might be the culprit as well. The last time I checked, when I set “scheme” in app.json, the standalone app is opening all the screens that are registered in the switchNavigation which resulting in undefined errors.

Try to remove scheme from app.json and rerun the build.

Thanks for your reply @adhyapranata,

Yes the app runs fine in dev mode. I have published the app and it works fine when run in Expo. Here is a link: https://exp.host/@limbowe/elison.

I only get this issue when I try to build the APK.

No I do not have the scheme property in my app.json. Also, I do not use react-navigation in the app.

I suspect there is an error in your app when compiled into standalone app and it is quite common.

Do you have error monitoring in your app?
If not, I suggest you add one. https://www.bugsnag.com/ has a free trial and the installation for react native app is quite easy.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.