npx expo export:web fails

Getting an error after doing some refactoring of my repository (my expo web app is a workspace withing my monorepo).

$ npx expo export:web
Exporting with Webpack...
WebpackOptionsValidationError: Invalid configuration object. Webpack has been initialised using a configuration object that does not match the API schema.
 - configuration.entry['app'] should be an non-empty array.
   -> A non-empty array of non-empty strings
WebpackOptionsValidationError: Invalid configuration object. Webpack has been initialised using a configuration object that does not match the API schema.
 - configuration.entry['app'] should be an non-empty array.
   -> A non-empty array of non-empty strings
    at webpack (/Users/jim/development/domo/hub/node_modules/webpack/lib/webpack.js:31:9)
    at WebpackBundlerDevServer.bundleAsync (/Users/jim/development/domo/hub/node_modules/@expo/cli/build/src/start/server/webpack/WebpackBundlerDevServer.js:174:26)
    at async exportWebAsync (/Users/jim/development/domo/hub/node_modules/@expo/cli/build/src/export/web/exportWebAsync.js:31:5)
error Command failed with exit code 1.

Any ideas?

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 46.0.7
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): web
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

This turned out to be an issue with hoisting. Once i got my nohoist config right (It’s a little tricky) this problem went poof.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.