Notifications.getExpoPushTokenAsync() just hangs

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version:37
  2. Platforms(Androidl):

Was using expo version 34 and it was working perfectly after the update to 37 the getExpoPushTokenAsync just hangs is this going to be supported again? The snack doesnt work at all.

@tokenelt did you get it to work? I have the same problem.

i also getting the same problem
it cant generate expoToken

yes i did. it only works on the phone. add this portion to the if statement when checking if device

if (Constants.isDevice && Constants.appOwnership !== ‘expo’)

that way if you are using the snack or the web it wont hang on you. it used to work on web now it is pending.

yes i did. it only works on the phone. add this portion to the if statement when checking if device

if (Constants.isDevice && Constants.appOwnership !== ‘expo’)

that way if you are using the snack or the web it wont hang on you. it used to work on web now it is pending.

when is use this line if (Constants.isDevice && Constants.appOwnership !== ‘expo’)
it’s get an error unexpected syntax error in ‘expo’

Hi,
I have the same error using my physical device (LG Q6) on development mode (with USB cable).
It hangs no matter what workflow I use (running expo on machine or publishing the project).

Using SDK 34.0.1

@vivek8130 the syntax error is because you should need to replace ‘expo’ for ‘expo’ (is a quotation issue)

This problem begains when the expo declared updation

It’s working fine on sdk 33 when I upgrade it to sdk 37
It’s hang on can’t return token
@hdocampo

Helloo guys the issue is fixed now by expo
But u have to uninstall the expo client app
& Download it from here https://d1ahtucjixef4r.cloudfront.net/Exponent-2.15.1.apk
This will help you it’s working fine on my phone
note- it’s having a bug in standalone app

@tokenelt @hdocampo @pollux

Hi,
this issue has been fixed on the latest expo client app (as @vivek8130 said), and it is available from the google playstore. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=host.exp.exponent&hl=es

is it working for you on standalone android app the push notifiaction?

Hi @niro003, yes it is working properly.

Do you install your standalone app with adb or just by uploading to play store? By doing it with adb install it does not work for me.

Sorry @niro003, I thought you were referring to open notifications with expo client, I had not tested with standalone app.

Hi.

My app is up and running on App Store and Google Play. It was built with the expo managed-flow. There are no Google Cloud API restrictions. Push notification was working with expo 36. I didn’t change anything but upgrade the expo to 37 with the expo upgrade cli. Push notification works with the latest Expo client (2.15.1).

For the standalone Android app, everything works except for the push notification.

Thanks.

@hdocampo @niro003 Does push notification work for your standalone apps with expo 37? Thanks.

Hi @dichai1983, sorry but I have no standalone app (apk), I am only using the expo client in the cellphone to load the app.

from what I am reading it should be fixed in the new client but I havent tested it

for me it works