Notification issues for certain Android only users

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 40.0.1
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

does anyone know how to investigate notification issues for some Android users? I’m using the managed workflow with Expo’s notification service and some users are reporting no notifications (these users are all on Android). Code base is the same for Android and iOS but only certain Android users are having the issue. The logs are not showing any issues at all and the push receipts are all with ok status…

Hey @apps.genie, it would be helpful to know what Android OS versions and device models those that are affected are using. If a pattern can be discerned there, it would be a great start to investigating what could be happening here. Any insights you can provide?

Cheers,
Adam

@adamjnav , yea here is the info on users who reported all notification permissions granted but still nothing coming through. I am not really seeing a pattern unfortunately so was initially thinking that SDK 40 with the new expo notifications setup will help with this but after upgrading from 38 to 40 I still have this being reported…
Any other info I could gather to help brainstorm?

Thanks a lot for this. I’ve been looking for a way to get this

Which part specifically, leobenon ?

@adamjnav do you think we can do anything about this ticket? Like either more info from me or something else to brainstorm?

Just replying to keep to open, as it’s an issue for me still. I will be upgrading to SDK 41 soon and will report back if that solves anything (but I doubt it since it’s so random with SDK 40).

This might be related to The recipient device is not registered with FCM. I’m noticing this error in the notification receipts, but it’s kind of random (for same installation we get that error, but then also getting oks too)…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.