Notification Channels Error: Could not create channel

I try to migrate to new api notification channels for android, but I got this error in standalone app “Error: Could not create channel”

uncaught at x at x
at H
at A
c@/data/user/0/MY_PROJECT_NAME/files/28.0.0/cached-bundle-experience-%40veha%2FMY_PROJECT_NAME956012762-28.0.0:18:1622
[native code]

Hey @veha,

Can you share the relevant code to the issue? It would really help us debug what could be happening here.

Cheers,

Adam

Hi @adamjnav I using redux-saga

export function* createNotificationsAndroidChannels() {
  if (Platform.OS === 'android') {
    yield call(Notifications.createChannelAndroidAsync, 'main', {
      name: 'Main',
      priority: 'max',
      sound: 'default',
      vibrate: [0, 250, 250, 250]
    });
  }
}

In documentation sound (boolean) but I put text, can there be a reason in? But not all devices throw error…

hey @veha, were all the devices you ran on with Android Oreo or later? Notification channels are not supported pre-Oreo https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/guides/notification-channels

Hi @quinlanj, I took this from docs:

On devices with Android 7 and below, which don’t support notification channels, Expo will remember the relevant settings you created the channel with (in this case, sound: true) and apply them directly to the individual notification before presenting it to the user.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.