NOTFICATION ISSUE ANDROID

Dear Expo team,

The notification is functional for lower than update version 8 regarding the android notification. it works from the inside and the outside doesn’t. what are the proposed solutions for this kind of issue?

Are you going to provide any kind of update for the expo notfication so it can be functional in version 8??

Note that we are using react native

Regards,

Hey @alabaas,

I apologize but I’m not entirely sure what you are mentioning here. Can you elaborate on what you mean by “it works from the inside and outside doesn’t”? Also, when you saying version 8 are you talking about Android 8? If so, you’ll need to make sure you are using notification channels to ensure push notifications work on devices running Android 8+. You can read about them in our blog post here: Breaking Change Coming to Android Apps | by Eric Samelson | Exposition and our documentation for them is here: https://docs.expo.io/versions/v31.0.0/guides/notification-channels

Regarding your last note where you saying “we are using react native”, I just want to bring up one point of clarification: You can only use the Expo Push Notifications API with an Expo-based project. It will not work with a Vanilla RN project.

If I misunderstood you, I do apologize again!

Cheers,

Adam

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.