No API-call from app after build, but everything's fine on emulator

Hi everyone,

I’m building an application with React-Native / Expo. Which is calling a NodeJS backend API.

I use Axios and everything works fine on iOS simulator, and Android emulator (route are correctly called, and I get my responses etc). For example, the first action is to signUp by clicking on a button. This button is POST on /api/signup, and like I said, everything works fine on emulator / simulator.

So I build the EXACT same app (expo build:ios and expo build:android), then I uploaded that on the store.
On AppStore : rejected because of the first button unresponsive.
On GooglePlay : approved, but the first button is unresponsive too.

When I download the application from the GooglePlay, and I try the application, the first button, is, indeed, unresponsive. I click on it, but nothing happen, no call, no response, nothing. I can not log anything from the backend, like if nothing happened. However, like I said, this is the exact same app, working properly on emulator.

Do you have any idea of what could happen ? The build are doing sneaky things or ?..

Here is a screen of the app (from GooglePlay), the purple button (which POST on /api/signup) is unresponsive :

This exact same screen work properly on the emulator (which is calling /api/signup on the URL-backend server too).

Thank you.

I found the solution, I was registering user based on the deviceID with this code :slight_smile:

try {
    if (Expo.Constants.appOwnership === "expo") {
      uniqueDeviceID = Expo.Constants.installationId;
    } else {
      uniqueDeviceID = DeviceInfo.getUniqueID();
    }
  } catch (error) {
    console.warn(error);
  }

And after building the app, getUniquerID() was catching an error.
Solved it by using Expo.Constants.installationId in each case (even with standalone app).

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.