New install crashing when launching android test

Hello,

I have just installed expo to start developing my first react native app and I am getting a 500 internal server error and I do not know where to start debugging this issue.

Please see below:

Building JavaScript bundle: error
ERROR
02:28
While resolving module `expo/build/launch/registerRootComponent`, the Haste package `expo` was found. However the module `build/launch/registerRootComponent` could not be found within the package. Indeed, none of these files exist:

* `C:\Users\FBK\Desktop\Android-Test\expo\build\launch\registerRootComponent(.native|.android.ts|.native.ts|.ts|.android.tsx|.native.tsx|.tsx|.android.js|.native.js|.js|.android.jsx|.native.jsx|.jsx|.android.json|.native.json|.json)`
  * `C:\Users\FBK\Desktop\Android-Test\expo\build\launch\registerRootComponent\index(.native|.android.ts|.native.ts|.ts|.android.tsx|.native.tsx|.tsx|.android.js|.native.js|.js|.android.jsx|.native.jsx|.jsx|.android.json|.native.json|.json)`

What can be the reason of this ?

Thank you.

Hey @onelab, can you let me know what type of project you have (managed vs bare), how you are attempting to run/launch your app and what you are running your app on (devices, emulators, etc)?

Cheers,
Adam

Hello @adamjnav ,

Thank you for your reply. I am just using a blank expo project, the hello world one. The tutorial I followed can be found at: Installing React Native Expo CLI in Windows | by Riya Goel | Medium

I am testing on a virtual device using Android Studio, please see the screenshot below of the settings:

Thank you,
Cristian

Ok, so on further testing it seems that if I open the new blank app in the web browser instead of the android virtual device from android studio, it works.

Only get the above error message whilst on the Android Emulator. I will add another screenshot below:

What ca be the issue here? Are there certain steps missing from when I have setup Android Studio ? Is there a step to step tutorial on what needs to be selected here ?!

I am using:
expo version 4.13.0

Thank you,
Cristian

Same problem, quite disappointed because it is a essential workflow but they did not test before publishing

1 Like