New Expo Update Project Not Loading

Hi all,

I’m facing issues with two testing devices my team has. Since the Expo update of yesterday, both devices won’t run brand new Expo projects. The iOS devices we have work just fine with the new Expo app update.

One Android device runs Android 6.0.1 and the other runs 6.0. Is anyone else facing the same issue?

We are running the Expo app on the newest 2.8.0.

this issue with signed apk or on developing mode
?

In development mode when scanning the QR code. We use the Expo CLI. @brstdev17

please confirm sdk and expo version, 30 or 29 ?

you need to run whatwg-fetch@2.0.4 -g and also for localy in folder

“expo”: “^29.0.0”,
“react”: “16.3.1”,
“react-native”: “https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-29.0.0.tar.gz”,
“react-native-keyboard-aware-scroll-view”: “^0.7.2”,
“react-navigation”: “^2.13.0”,
“whatwg-fetch”: “^2.0.4”

The new projects run 30.0.0 SDK level. We tried running older projects that have SDK level 29.0.0 but that won’t work either. We are not getting the Self error, we fixed that one. The project is working 100% fine on iOS but the project just won’t load on Android devices.

what type error display ?

No error, just the typical Could not load project page.

could not load exp://192.168.*.**:19000. Network response timed out.
you get this type error if not then error due to file issue or react native version

I can’t say it enough. The same project on the same computer works on one iPhone of ours but not on our Android devices with the newest Expo app installed. Any other idea?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.