Navigate after route to be displayed has rendered?

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 2.11.2
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all

I’m wondering if there are any developer hooks that can be used to handle the following situation: I need to navigate from route A to route B, but only want to navigate after route B has fully rendered.

In particular, I have a stack navigator where a user can click from product A to product B, and each clicked product appears as a new card on the stack. The goal is to prevent the next product route from hitting the stack until all of its data has rendered. Presently, a clicked product triggers a new product to be added to the route stack, but that new route initially displays the old product state until the new product data finishes loading…

Are there any helper functions exposed by expo or the adjacent libraries in the navigation ecosystem to prevent the new product route from joining the navigation stack until that new product has finished rendering? Any pointers others can offer on this question would be super helpful!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.