So, I tried adding all of my “expo-” modules to the symlinks list, but, oddly, they still didn’t install. So then I went back to the bare-expo test project in the Expo repo, and cribbed their Podfile and package.json, which involved adding the expo-modules-core packaging, and setting my Podfile to this:
platform :ios, '11.0'
# Import the auto-linking packages
require File.join(File.dirname(`node --print "require.resolve('react-native/package.json')"`), "scripts/react_native_pods")
require File.join(File.dirname(`node --print "require.resolve('@react-native-community/cli-platform-ios/package.json')"`), "native_modules")
require File.join(File.dirname(`node --print "require.resolve('expo-modules-core/package.json')"`), "scripts/autolinking")
target 'nudgev4' do
config = use_native_modules!
use_react_native!(:path => config["reactNativePath"])
# Uncomment to opt-in to using Flipper
# if !ENV['CI']
# use_flipper!('Flipper' => '0.75.1', 'Flipper-Folly' => '2.5.3', 'Flipper-RSocket' => '1.3.1')
# post_install do |installer|
(basically the same as the bare-expo project, minus the Flipper stuff, because I removed all that).
Then, all my unimodules installed… without adding them to symlinks. Now my Podfile.lock looks almost the same as it did originally (minus the UMCore stuff). But, I should note that this is very different from the standard Podfile that comes out of
expo eject. I don’t see anything in expo-yarn-workspaces docs about changing the Podfile around.