Missing Push Notification Entitlement - not using notifications

I have a bare workflow app. Using eas build and eas submit.

I don’t use push notifications at all but I get this email from Apple:

ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the ‘aps-environment’ entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the ‘aps-environment’ entitlement. Xcode does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor’s Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see Local and Remote Notification Programming Guide: Configuring Remote Notification Support.

I want to not receive these emails because its sending them to management every time I submit. Why does Apple seem to think I’ve registered with Apple Push Notification service?

Is there any way to not receive these emails?

@joshua-revolution The common recommendation is to enable the notification service :sweat:. [IOS] Notifications permission asked by a module · Issue #10576 · expo/expo · GitHub. This is not ideal though. Did you find any other solutions to this problem?

expo-notifications automatically adds the entitlement via the config plugin: https://github.com/expo/expo/blob/98cece365f44c39b3d9e708633343d2a18a67635/packages/expo-notifications/plugin/src/withNotificationsIOS.ts#L15-L25

you can do the same by adding it to the entitlements in your app.json (if you use CNG), otherwise set it in your xcode project directly