Missing Push Notification Entitlement (Bare workflow!)

I recently ejected from Expo to the bare workflow, and ever since, I’ve been getting this warning upon pushing a new build to App Store Connect:

ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement

There are a lot of other threads in this forum for the same problem - but not for bare projects, which is very different.

I really have no idea what to do here. My app is not using push notifications will never do either. I initially tried disabling push notifications under the app identifier on the apple developer page by unchecking the box, but that didn’t help.

I’m guessing that the code somehow/somewhere uses or references push notifications even though I’m not actively using it. But the code was written by Expo CLI when I ejected so I’m not sure where to start…

What do I do?

2 Likes

Found the solution: I enabled Push Notifications under capabilities in xcode, which created the following file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>aps-environment</key>
	<string>development</string>
</dict>
</plist>

in path ios/project-name/ios.entitlements

After that, the warning disappeared. Keep in mind that push notifications need to be enabled under the identifier on the developer account as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your answer

Make sure to use expo credentials manager to add a push notification key.