Migrating Expo Build to EAS Build fails - pod install exited with non-zero code: 1

Trying to use EAS for my project. But it doesnt work. I’m receiving millions of errors. Thats the last one.
[INSTALL_PODS] # from /private/var/folders/7z/6kjqh_w92871sl9fzk9fdw8w0000gn/T/eas-build-local-nodejs/ef75fe84-e30d-4443-be14-ef3525050fcd/build/ios/Podfile:1
[INSTALL_PODS] # -------------------------------------------
[INSTALL_PODS] > require File.join(File.dirname(node --print "require.resolve('expo/package.json')"), “scripts/autolinking”)
[INSTALL_PODS] # require File.join(File.dirname(node --print "require.resolve('react-native/package.json')"), “scripts/react_native_pods”)
[INSTALL_PODS] # -------------------------------------------
[INSTALL_PODS]
Error: pod install exited with non-zero code: 1
at ChildProcess.completionListener

Hi @tcagkansokmen

Near the top of your screenshot it says:

[PREBUILD] Skipped running “expo prebuild” because the “ios” directory already exists.[…]

But you are switching from expo build to EAS Build. With expo build your ios directory would have been ignored. So that implies that you do not have any custom code in ios and you should be able to move it out of the way.

At the moment you are basically on the bare workflow. If you delete (or move out of the way) the ios and android directories then you will be back on the managed workflow.

Try that. In addition to removing the ios and android directories, try running npx expo-doctor and see if it complains about anything. (It sounds like you might be using quite an old version of the Expo SDK, so you might have to run expo-cli doctor instead of npx expo-doctor. I’m not sure. But see which of those works and what they say.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.