MaxListenersExceededWarning and FATAL ERROR: CALL_AND_RETRY_LAST Allocation failed

Lately, I receive in the expo-cli: MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 change listeners added. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit and shortly after that FATAL ERROR: CALL_AND_RETRY_LAST Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory. Can anybody help me to fix these issues?

Additional info: Recently expo SDK version was upgraded to 32.0.0 (previous version was 30.0.0)
and expo-cli to 2.7.0.

Hey @mila.schastlyvets,

What command are you running that prompts this error?

Cheers,

Adam

I’m trying both expo start --clear and expo start.
The issue appears after some development time. Could you @adamjnav please help me with the issues?

Recently in the development mode I received another one issue. Please pay attention to the picture

This error usually indicates a memory leak with node. Can you run expo diagnostics and paste the log that is printed here? Also, can you let me know what version of Node your system is running?

Here is result of expo diagnostics:
Expo CLI 2.7.0 environment info:
System:
Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
Binaries:
Node: 10.15.0 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v10.15.0/bin/node
Yarn: 1.6.0 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
npm: 6.4.1 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v10.15.0/bin/npm
IDEs:
Android Studio: 3.0 AI-171.4443003
Xcode: 10.1/10B61 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
expo: ^32.0.0 => 32.0.1
react: 16.5.0 => 16.5.0
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz => 0.57.1
react-navigation: ^2.16.0 => 2.18.3

@adamjnav, could you please help me to localize the issue? It is very difficult to continue the development process now.
Additional info: Node version is 10.15.0.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.