Manifest (app.json) not initialized.

When I run the command expo fetch:android:keystore I receive an error:

C:\Projects\expotest\android\app>expo fetch:android:keystore
Manifest (app.json) not initialized.
Error: Manifest (app.json) not initialized.
    at Context.get manifest [as manifest] (C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\src\credentials\context.ts:54:13)
    at actionAsync (C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\src\commands\fetch\fetchAndroidKeystoreAsync.ts:14:35)

I am running a fresh install of Nodejs 16.13.2 under Windows 11, having made sure to remove any traces of other NVM managed versions first, and installed expo-cli 5.0.3. I’ve created a new app using the blank template and then immediately run it without modification by executing yarn android, which just runs expo run:android. This automatically installes Gradle 6.9, then the app successfully builds and runs as expected.

The app is just using the out-of-the-box blank template with no mods. How can I fetch the keystore file?

Edit: I get the same error when running expo fetch:android:keystore from a WSL bash prompt.

Hey @scott.hooper, please run the command in the root of your project not in the android/app directory and let me know if you still get an error.