Logon denied exp detach

Hi everyone,

I am making an app, but it needs some specifics natives modules, so I must detach my expo project.
I have followed each steps from : https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/guides/detach.html but when I do “exp detach”, it asks me a username and a password, so I suppose it’s the ones from my expo account, but it doesn’t work… it says “Logon denied”, “wrong password and username”. I have already checked that by username and password works on the expo website.

So I don’t understand what to do, if anyone had already gotten this problem or have any idea… :slightly_smiling_face: it would be great !

expo version : 19.0.0

Hey @alexandremaistret I’m so sorry you’re running into this issue.

I’ve just tried to detach a brand new project myself, using exp init and then adding the necessary fields to my app.json and then exp detach and I was not prompted for a username/password. I am assuming its because I’m already logged in.

What you can try to do is type in exp login and type in your credentials again, outside of exp detach. And we can investigate if there are any differences. I just tried exp login and didn’t run into any issues.

I hope this helps! We’ll get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for your answer ! :slight_smile:

I’ve managed to make it work !

1 Like

I’m glad it worked! Let us know if you run into any other issues :slight_smile: