Linking - addEventListener not fired on Android in development

Hi,

I’m trying to implement authentication through Itsme in my application. Itsme implements the OpenID Connect protocol. I am testing through the Expo app on Android in development mode, i.e. expo start --tunnel and then scanning the QR code with the Expo app on my Android phone.

The way it works is:

1. The user clicks on “Create an account” button
  2. A URL to open the itsme authentication app is constructed. This URL looks like https://e2emerchant.itsme.be/oidc/authorization?client_id=xyz&response_type=code&scope=xyz&redirect_uri=exp://3q-gis.curvo.curvo.exp.direct:80/--/itsme-callback&claims=xyz. The redirect_uri parameter is constructed with Linking.makeUrl.
  3. I execute Linking.openURL with this URL. This opens the itsme app and the user proceeds with the authentication. This works.
  4. The itsme app then sends a 302 request to the redirect URL, which is exp://3q-gis.curvo.curvo.exp.direct:80/--/itsme-callback, along with the authorization code as a parameter.
  5. This re-opens the Expo app with my app inside of it. But I can’t find a way to fetch the URL of the redirect request. I need to get the authorization code parameter to proceed with the authentication flow. I set up a Linking.addEventListener('url') listener in App.js but the callback is never fired.

Any thoughts on why the callback is never fired?

$ expo diagnostics
  Expo CLI 3.13.8 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 4.4.20 - /bin/bash
    Binaries:
      Node: 12.13.1 - ~/.asdf/installs/nodejs/12.13.1/bin/node
      Yarn: 1.22.4 - /usr/bin/yarn
      npm: 6.12.1 - ~/.asdf/installs/nodejs/12.13.1/bin/npm
    npmPackages:
      expo: ^36.0.0 => 36.0.2 
      react: 16.9.0 => 16.9.0 
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-36.0.1.tar.gz => 0.61.4 
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 3.13.8

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.