Limit on amount of assets published to expo servers?

Is there a limit on the amount and total size of assets uploaded when publishing and Expo app? I seem to be hitting a 502 status error after adding a certain amount of assets to my app when publishing:

[exp] Uploading assets
[exp] Request failed with status code 502
[exp] Error: Request failed with status code 502
at createError (/Users/kicktheken/.nodenv/versions/9.3.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
at settle (/Users/kicktheken/.nodenv/versions/9.3.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:18:12)
at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/Users/kicktheken/.nodenv/versions/9.3.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:191:11)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:164:20)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1062:12)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:152:19)

I have > 260MB of assets at over 6000 files.

Hi-

There’s no limit to the number of assets you can have but there may be some size limit on a per file basis. This isn’t intentional but might be implicit because of some piece of the pipeline not being able to handle a certain size.

As a workaround, you might want to upload your biggest assets elsewhere and then reference them by URL.

If you list out your assets, can you tell us how big the biggest ones are?

I think things work up to 100MB but I’m not certain.

Very sorry for the trouble and thanks,
Charlie

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.