Just starting out- error

I ran through all the installs (I think). I created a project called “first-project”. I change to that dir and run npm expo. This comes up within the browser window. Must I have the simulator/emulator up to run? If I click on Run on Android Device/simulator I get “error opening simulator. Check Metro logs for details”. Where can i find this?

ERROR
15:34
internal/fs/watchers.js:173
throw error;
^

Error: ENOSPC: System limit for number of file watchers reached, watch ‘/home/richb201-xps/first-project/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config’
at FSWatcher.start (internal/fs/watchers.js:165:26)
at Object.watch (fs.js:1254:11)
at NodeWatcher.watchdir (/home/richb201-xps/first-project/node_modules/sane/src/node_watcher.js:175:20)
at Walker. (/home/richb201-xps/first-project/node_modules/sane/src/common.js:116:12)
at Walker.emit (events.js:189:13)
at /home/richb201-xps/first-project/node_modules/walker/lib/walker.js:69:16
at go$readdir$cb (/home/richb201-xps/first-project/node_modules/graceful-fs/graceful-fs.js:162:14)
at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:141:20)

Hey @richb201,

You don’t need to run on a simulator/emulator. You can just test on a physical device that is connected to the same network as your computer. If you open the Expo Client app, the local project should show up under ‘Recently in Development’. If you want to test on a emulator, you’ll need to make sure you have Android Studio installed and everything set up in regards to that which you can read about here: https://docs.expo.io/versions/v32.0.0/workflow/android-studio-emulator/

Cheers,
Adam

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.