It's recommended to use the "cli.version" field in eas.json to enforce the eas-cli version for your project

managed workflow
eas-cli 2.3.0

Hi, I am getting this warning message although I have configured the cli.version in eas.json (aoe2companion/eas.json at master · denniske/aoe2companion · GitHub)

Found eas-cli in your project dependencies.
It’s recommended to use the “cli.version” field in eas.json to enforce the eas-cli version for your project.
Learn more: GitHub - expo/eas-cli: Fastest way to build, submit, and update iOS and Android apps

Hey @denniske1001,

As the error message states, it seems eas-cli is included in your project’s dependencies in package.json file. Can you please check and share the "dependencies" and "devDependencies" from package.json?

yeah I have included the eas-cli on purpose so that I can just checkout the repository on a new machine and run yarn and I can run the eas commands:

so I am completely fine with message
Found eas-cli in your project dependencies.

I am just wondering about the second part
It’s recommended to use the “cli.version” field in eas.json to enforce the eas-cli version for your project.

That’s part of the warning message. This is there to avoid mismatch of CLI versions by having a different EAS CLI version installed as a dependency and the one mentioned in the eas.json file. I think, in your case, you can ignore it since you are aware of it.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.