ITMS-90683: Missing Purpose String in Info.plist

Hi, I’ve built my first ever app on a managed expo app and I’ve built and submitted it using eas cli (v0.48.2) as well. I’m only an app developer rn thanks to guys no doubt.

My android app is under review right now but apple had immediately returned an email after submission saying "

ITMS-90683: Missing Purpose String in Info.plist - Your app’s code references one or more APIs that access sensitive user data. The app’s Info.plist file should contain a NSCameraUsageDescription key with a user-facing purpose string explaining clearly and completely why your app needs the data.
"

I’m not using any camera functions though and this is where I’m confused. I’ve noticed that similar threads/qns have been opened/asked but I’m still confused. On which file and how do I add it? Do I just go to app.json and under expo.ios.info.plist.NSCameraUsageDescription? If you could drop an example that would be great.

Thank you!

it’s likely being added by a library that you are using. for example, the stripe react native library requires adding camera permissions: iOS: NSCameraUsageDescription key required even if not used / card scanning available at all? · Issue #210 · stripe/stripe-react-native · GitHub