Issues After Upgrading to SDK 42

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 42.0
  2. Android/iOS

In order to be able to test an app on an iPhone 12 in Expo Go I needed to update my Expo SDK version. We were at 38 (which was no longer supported).

So today I updated the expo-cli and then updated to SDK 42. Eventually I was able to get the app to compile, and I can login successfully and navigate back and forth between various screens.

However, when I load one particular screen I end up with this error:

TypeError: undefined is not a function (near '..._reactNativeReanimated.default.interpolate...')

This error is located at:
    in NavigationContainer (at App.js:42)
    in RCTView (at View.js:34)
    in View (at App.js:40)
    in Provider (at App.js:39)
    in App (created by ExpoRoot)
    in ExpoRoot (at renderApplication.js:45)
    in View (at AppContainer.js:106)
    in DevAppContainer (at AppContainer.js:121)
    in View (at AppContainer.js:132)
    in AppContainer (at renderApplication.js:39)

After doing some additional testing, it seems the issue is in the TabView block of this one component. When I comment this section out, the component will load without any errors.

This is the relevant TabView code:

<TabView
    swipeEnabled={false}
    navigationState={this.state}
    renderScene={SceneMap(this.state.tabSceneMap)}
    onIndexChange={index => this.setState({ index })}
    renderTabBar={this._renderTabBar}
    tabBarPosition='bottom'
    initialLayout={{ flex: 1 }}
  />

Is some of the syntax outdated here? Something else? Any insight would be appreciated.

Hey @darrenbrettking, I would recommend taking a look into the changes that occurred regarding react-navigation, react-native-screens and react-native-reanimated between SDK38 and 42. Most of the big changes are detailed in the SDK41 blog post.

Cheers,
Adam

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.