Is there a migration guide for expo-localization?

Hi,

I saw that expo-localization is at version 3.0.0 now. I’m currently using 2.0.0.

Are there any required update steps, or is it safe to upgrade to version 3.0.0 without any extra work?

Cheers,
Dominik

Hey @redpandatronics,

There are no changes. We just a version bump to signify the first public release of Unimodules.

Cheers,

Adam

Thanks @adamjnav

I updated my package.json to use 3.0.0, but then I got an error when running the app (only tried on Android so far):

I tried to fix this by updating the entry in /app/build.gradle to: api 'host.exp.exponent:expo-localization:3.0.0', but then gradle won’t sync. I think the issue is that there is a 2.0.0 version also at: node_modules/expo/node_modules/expo-localization

I thought I had to have expo-localization as an explicit dependency in package.json to be able to use it. Is that correct? Or is it included by default, i.e. I can remove the dependency in package.json?

Cheers,
Dominik

hello there! the api actually did change to import * as Localization from 'expo-localization'; - we’ll start doing changelogs in the future, i wasn’t aware that anyone was using expo packages outside of the expo client / standalone apps before we released this at the end of last week! see docs for full usage info: https://docs.expo.io/versions/v32.0.0/sdk/localization/#api

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.