Is it possible to set my expo-ads-admob "for child"

My expo app was rejected by google play, for the reason of “Violation of Families Policy Requirements”.
Some of the ads by admob made this issue happened.

Google play guides me to set my admob setting using “tagForChildDirectedTreatment(true)”(link below)

But I couldn’t figure out how to set this in expo-ads-admob library.

Please help.

3 Likes

I don’t use admob or any ad packages in my existing mobile app built with Expo, but I received an EMail from Google on July 30th saying I have 30 days to make my app compliant with Google Play policies for Children’s apps or the app will cease to function.

The EMail said:
“Issue with your app: We have detected that your app includes non-certified ad SDKs or SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services.”

Again, my Expo app has no ads. And there is nothing in the app.json or package.json that specifies ads or any type.

My research suggests the same as the Original Poster. But my app doesn’t even reference any ads.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I guess I could try to re-submit the app but not put it in the Kids section of PlayStore, but the documentation suggests that will still get rejected because the app is directed towards kids as the audience.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

It seems Google Play started searching the applications which;

• are child rated,
  • use advertisement
  • do not set tagForChildDirectedTreatment parameter to true.

It is not clear how (and if) that parameter can be passed using expo-ads-admob.

So any guidance is appreciated.

2 Likes

I am facing the exact same problem.
Google Play is rejecting my app because of this issue:

Issue: Violation of Families Policy Requirements

We have detected that your app includes non-certified ad SDKs or SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services. Any SDKs used in the app must be appropriate for use in child-directed services. Additionally, apps that solely target children must not contain any SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services, including ads SDKs. Apps in the Designed for Families program must only use ad SDKs that have certified their compliance with the Families Ads Program.

Was anyone able to solve this?

Mine is an unejected Expo 39 app. I have no ads whatsoever in it.

thanks!

+1 here, please we really need help with this. I have an app with actual users that has this problem. It got delisted from the play store.

My app has no ads.

Hi,

Is there any solution about that? Expo-ads-admob does not work with Google Policies. They sent that:

1. Review the Families Policy Requirements, Designed for Families Requirements, and Ads and Monetization policy for more information.
  2. Make appropriate changes to your app, and be sure to remove any non-certified ad SDKs or SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services. Remember, apps in the Designed for Families program that use ad SDKs for serving ads must only use ad SDKs that have certified their compliance with the Families Ads Program. Additionally, all other SDKs used in your app must be appropriate to be used in child-directed services.
  3. Before submitting your app, make sure that your app is compliant with all other Developer Program Policies.
  4. Select Store presence > Store listing , and click Resubmit app.

What is the problem? I’m waiting an answer from Expo Team.

Thanks.

I used managed workflow. Build with expo build:android.

Expo admob link is here. As you can see that they say " Expo includes support for the [Google AdMob SDK] for mobile advertising" but actually they wrapped react-native-admob which has not support for Ad Targetting so using this lib for child is a dead-end. There is another option in the link. However, I think it also has some negative. Also, actually I don’t know that it will work with managed-workflow.

Thanks.