iOS iPad failed Review due to UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key incorrectly set in the Info.plist

Our latest build for iOS was failed by apple reviewers saying :
"Guideline 2.3 - Performance - Accurate Metadata.

We were unable to install the app on iPad. The UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in the Info.plist is set in such a way that the app will not install on an iPad."

I should note that the app was non-detached. Also built with latest expo-cli version (2.11.7), expo sdk 32 and ios.supportsTablet set to true.If I try to deploy the ipa to a simulator myself it will show the splash screen for a second and just jump to ios home screen.

We didn’t have this issue before though.

Hey @evolutionindesignz,

Just for clarification, does the app also fallback to the iOS home screen when run on an iPhone simulator? Also, can you check the device logs in Xcode and see if that sheds any light on what may be causing the iPad issue?

Cheers,
Adam

Hey @adamjnav
Yes, I tried with iPhone simulator and same thing happened. And as for system logs this is what I got:

Mar 11 16:46:00 Ronnies-iMac com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDevice.88D20C1C-41BF-4CAB-B839-2ED337D75335[30931] (UIKitApplication:com.starsclub.ios[0x82ad][30954][34083]): Program specified by service does not contain any valid architectures for this system.

Mar 11 16:46:00 Ronnies-iMac com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDevice.88D20C1C-41BF-4CAB-B839-2ED337D75335[30931] (UIKitApplication:com.starsclub.ios[0x82ad][30954][34083]): Service exited with abnormal code: 78

I should also note that I published my to test-flight (without having it go for any review or beta review) from the test-flight app I am able to instal it and run it successfully (same as when streaming through expo app)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.