iOS build for Store and even the local build keep failing at Install Pods Stage

I am using eas cli version 3.12.0.
I am simply trying to build my app’s iOS version using eas cli (eas build) but it keeps failing. The error happens at “Install pods” stage of the EAS build. I did not create a local iOS folder in my project since Expo claims you do not need a mac to create a build on EAS and in case you wish to ask me to 1. Open your iOS project’s Podfile using a text editor.
2. Look for the line that starts with use_frameworks! and add use_modular_headers!.
There is no podfile on my local project folder. Matter of fact, I am using a windows machine. Had to borrow a friends Mac and tried this and still same issue.

Error:

The Swift pod FirebaseCoreInternal depends upon GoogleUtilities, which does not define modules. To opt into those targets generating module maps (which is necessary to import them from Swift when building as static libraries), you may set use_modular_headers! globally in your Podfile, or specify :modular_headers => true for particular dependencies.

Error: Unknown error. See logs for more information.

hi there! it sounds like you’re having an issue with dependencies in your project, in particular with libraries that we don’t maintain. you may be able to find more information about the issue on the repository for the library that the error is originating from. EAS Build will run npx expo prebuild and compile and sign your project, but if your project doesn’t compile (eg: because of using a third party library that may have a bug or incompatibility), the service can’t help with that. more info on troubleshooting here: Troubleshooting build errors and crashes - Expo Documentation

Thank you Brents. I have resolved this. I removed some dependencies requiring further customization using Xcode (GoogleAds module for expo and Facebook ads modules). I also removed the corresponding codes where they appeared in my project. In fact, I created a duplicate of my project and used that specifically for iOS then I removed the troubling modules and codes.
I just wish that the error messages can be a little more descriptive.

1 Like