iOS Build Fails "No cert available to make provision profile against"

I am trying to create an ios build to upload to testflight but it keeps failing with the below error:

? Will you provide your own Distribution Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
? Will you provide your own Push Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
[09:52:35] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[09:52:35] Error: Reason: No cert available to make provision profile against, raw: "Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
[09:52:35] Reason: No cert available to make provision profile against, raw: "Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
[09:52:35] Error: Reason: No cert available to make provision profile against, raw: "Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
    at IOSBuilder._throwIfFailureWithReasonDump (/expo-cli@2.6.14/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:672:13)
    at IOSBuilder._callee6$ (/expo-cli@2.6.14/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:348:10)
    at tryCatch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:62:40)
    at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:296:22)
    at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:114:21)
    at step (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:17:30)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:28:13
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:182:7)

Building on ios has been a terrible experience. I faced a ton of errors before this one, which I was able to debug through other posts in the forum but cannot seem to find a fix for this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I tried the steps suggested here: Error while gathering & validating credentials. Reason:No cert available to make provision profile against, raw:"Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step" but this did not work.

UPDATE: The iOS build completed successfully after upgrading expo-cli to the latest version.

Hey @pbandjs,

Glad it got resolved by upgrading version but also saddened that you had a poor experience trying to build with expo-cli. Can you let us know, either here or via e-mail (secure@expo.io), what exactly you had problems with and any other feedback you think would be useful to us?

Cheers,
Adam

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.