iOS build fails at start up on Browserstack (Unable to get pid for label UIKitApplication)

The app works via the expo app when I test it on my iPhone. I was able to successfully build an ipa file, upload it to Browserstack, and install the uploaded app on the device, however the app crashes immediately when I open it and I get the following error. Looks like the cause is related to the pid although I do have a paid Apple developer account.

Error
Sep 23 21:36:09 iPhone SpringBoard(AssertionServices)[55] : [???.???.???] Bootstrap failed with error: <NSError: 0x147ea8400; domain: BKSProcessErrorDomain; code: 1 (bootstrap-failed); reason: “Failed to start job”>
Sep 23 21:36:09 iPhone SpringBoard(FrontBoard)[55] : Bootstrapping failed for <FBApplicationProcess: 0x147fa83c0; ???.???.???; pid: -1> with error: Error Domain=BKSProcessErrorDomain Code=1 “Unable to bootstrap process with bundleID ???.???.???” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to bootstrap process with bundleID ???.???.???, BKSProcessExitReason=0, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to start job, NSUnderlyingError=0x146173600 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=3 “No such process” UserInfo={BKLaunchdOperation=launch_get_running_pid_4SB, NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to get pid for label UIKitApplication:???.???.???[0x4898][66], BKLaunchdJobLabel=UIKitApplication:???.???.???[0x4898][66], NSLocalizedFailureReason=No such process}}, BKSProcessJobLabel=UIKitApplication:???.???.???[0x4898][66], BSErrorCodeDescription=bootstrap-failed}

Expo diagnostics
Expo CLI 3.0.10 environment info:
System:
Shell: 4.4.20 - /bin/bash
Binaries:
Node: 10.16.0 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v10.16.0/bin/node
Yarn: 1.17.3 - /usr/bin/yarn
npm: 6.9.0 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v10.16.0/bin/npm
npmPackages:
expo: ^34.0.1 => 34.0.3
react: 16.8.3 => 16.8.3
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-34.0.0.tar.gz => 0.59.8
react-navigation: ^3.11.0 => 3.11.1
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.0.10

From Browserstack support:

It seems that the IPA file has a ’ Keychain-Access-Groups ’ entitlement enabled.

b) In order to install the uploaded IPA file on our devices, we resign the IPA file at our end. The same is mentioned over here.

c) In case of a mismatch in entitlements between the BrowserStack provisioning profile and the application entitlements, the iOS system does not allow the application to run(sending it to the background). Thus, you witness the mentioned behavior.

d) For such cases, we have added support for installing iOS applications via TestFlight . All the entitlements are preserved as the resigning process is not involved here.

Thus, I would request you to install the application via TestFlight to continue testing on BrowserStack ‘App Live’.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.