iOS build error with EAS

I am using ESA to build my android and ios App.

I tried “eas build --platform ios”, then I got the errors in fastlane and xcode in build details as below.

“usesAppleSignIn” is set up as seen in app.json on the bottom.
Should work well…

I am not familiar with fastlane and xcode, so need the quick fix.
So, what should I do?

Thanks
Wataru

In ‘Run fastlane’

Creating Gymfile
Gymfile created
Successfully loaded ‘/Users/expo/workingdir/build/ios/Gymfile’ :page_facing_up:
±----------------------±--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Detected Values from ‘./Gymfile’ |
±----------------------±--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| suppress_xcode_output | true |
| clean | false |
| scheme | drivers |
| export_options | |
| export_xcargs | OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS=“–keychain /var/folders/97/73j93h690g9gdn54bh_zskm40000gn/T/turtle-v2-a9555df7-e68a-48bb-92b9-a325a8b3def9.keychain” |
| disable_xcpretty | true |
| output_directory | ./build |
Resolving Swift Package Manager dependencies…
$ xcodebuild -resolvePackageDependencies -workspace ./drivers.xcworkspace -scheme drivers
▸ Command line invocation:
▸ /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -resolvePackageDependencies -workspace ./drivers.xcworkspace -scheme drivers
▸ resolved source packages:
$ xcodebuild -showBuildSettings -workspace ./drivers.xcworkspace -scheme drivers
Command timed out after 3 seconds on try 1 of 4, trying again with a 6 second timeout…
Detected provisioning profile mapping: {:“com.mapkid.rounds”=>“01d38377-16ce-458c-9a95-005b6a37eaff”}
±------------------------------------------------------±--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Summary for gym 2.178.0 |
±------------------------------------------------------±--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| workspace | ./drivers.xcworkspace |
| scheme | drivers |
| clean | false |
| output_directory | ./build |
| output_name | rounds |
| silent | false |
| skip_package_ipa | false |
| skip_package_pkg | false |
| export_options.method | app-store |
| export_options.provisioningProfiles.com.mapkid.rounds | 01d38377-16ce-458c-9a95-005b6a37eaff |
| export_xcargs | OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS=“–keychain /var/folders/97/73j93h690g9gdn54bh_zskm40000gn/T/turtle-v2-a9555df7-e68a-48bb-92b9-a325a8b3def9.keychain” |
| build_path | /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2021-04-27 |
| result_bundle | false |
| buildlog_path | ~/Library/Logs/gym |
| destination | generic/platform=iOS |
| suppress_xcode_output | true |
| disable_xcpretty | true |
| skip_profile_detection | false |
| skip_package_dependencies_resolution | false |
| disable_package_automatic_updates | false |
| use_system_scm | false |
| xcode_path | /Applications/Xcode.app |
$ set -o pipefail && xcodebuild -workspace ./drivers.xcworkspace -scheme drivers -destination ‘generic/platform=iOS’ -archivePath /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2021-04-27/rounds\ 2021-04-27\ 20.12.59.xcarchive archive | tee /Users/expo/Library/Logs/gym/rounds-drivers.log > /dev/null
▸ ** ARCHIVE FAILED **
** ARCHIVE FAILED **
Exit status: 65
±------------±------------------------+
| Build environment |
| xcode_path | /Applications/Xcode.app |
| gym_version | 2.178.0 |
| sdk | iPhoneOS14.4.sdk |
Looks like fastlane ran into a build/archive error with your project
It’s hard to tell what’s causing the error, so we wrote some guides on how
to troubleshoot build and signing issues: Getting Started - fastlane docs
Before submitting an issue on GitHub, please follow the guide above and make
sure your project is set up correctly.
fastlane uses xcodebuild commands to generate your binary, you can see the
the full commands printed out in yellow in the above log.
Make sure to inspect the output above, as usually you’ll find more error information there
[stderr] [!] Error building the application - see the log above
Error: Fastlane build failed with unknown error. Please refer to the “Run fastlane” and “Xcode Logs” phases.
Fastlane errors in most cases are not printed at the end of the output, so you may not find any useful information in the last lines of output when looking for an error message.

In ‘Xcode Logs’

note: Building targets in parallel
note: Planning build
note: Constructing build description
warning: The iOS deployment target ‘IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET’ is set to 8.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 9.0 to 14.4.99. (in target ‘GoogleSignIn’ from project ‘Pods’)
error: Provisioning profile “[expo] com.mapkid.rounds AppStore 2021-04-27T00:40:57.044Z" doesn’t support the Sign in with Apple capability. (in target ‘drivers’ from project ‘drivers’)
error: Provisioning profile "
[expo] com.mapkid.rounds AppStore 2021-04-27T00:40:57.044Z” doesn’t include the com.apple.developer.applesignin entitlement. (in target ‘drivers’ from project ‘drivers’)
warning: The iOS deployment target ‘IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET’ is set to 7.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 9.0 to 14.4.99. (in target ‘AppAuth’ from project ‘Pods’)
warning: The iOS deployment target ‘IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET’ is set to 8.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 9.0 to 14.4.99. (in target ‘boost-for-react-native’ from project ‘Pods’)
warning: The iOS deployment target ‘IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET’ is set to 8.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 9.0 to 14.4.99. (in target ‘react-native-maps’ from project ‘Pods’)

My app.json

{
“expo”: {
“name”: “drivers”,
“slug”: “drivers”,
“version”: “1.0.0”,
“orientation”: “portrait”,
“icon”: “./assets/IMG_0124.png”,
“splash”: {
“image”: “./assets/splash.png”,
“resizeMode”: “contain”,
“backgroundColor”: “#ffffff
},
“updates”: {
“fallbackToCacheTimeout”: 0
},
“assetBundlePatterns”: [
“**/*”
],
“ios”: {
“supportsTablet”: true,
“usesAppleSignIn”: true,
“bundleIdentifier”: “com.mapkid.rounds”,
“config”: {
“googleSignIn”: {
“reservedClientId”: “com.googleusercontent.apps.awesome”
}
},
“googleServicesFile”: “./GoogleService-Info.plist”
},
“android”: {
“adaptiveIcon”: {
“foregroundImage”: “./assets/adaptive-icon.png”,
“backgroundColor”: “#FFFFFF
},
“googleServicesFile”: “./google-services.json”,
“package”: “com.mapkid.rounds”,
},
“web”: {
“favicon”: “./assets/favicon.png”
},
},
}

I understand why the error happens now.

I thought that expo use identifiers and keys for Apple authentication, which I made before.
But I chose that EAS regenerate profile and other things, then new identifier and key are created.

So, I just edited the identifier EAS created to enable Sign in with apple.
Then, the build worked properly.

Now, I don’t have to think of settings of Xcode!

hi there! we can use those things if you provide them by uploading them to Log In — Expo – otherwise we generate credentials :slight_smile:

i’m glad you found a solution though

Hi, brents.
Thank you for the info.

I will check it out later to understand the matter better!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.