[ios] App Store Connect configuration fields

Hello everyone !

First post here. I’ve been tingling with expo for the past few days and I must say that it’s working pretty well, thank you to everyone who was involved :slight_smile:

I’m trying to configure a few fields that I used to set from xcode and I’m not sure how to do it now.

1. Build number.
When I build a new package, I usually set a version number and a build number. For example : v1.4.7 (8) where “1.4.7” is the version number and “8” is the build number.
According to the documentation, you can set it for android with this key in app.json : expo.android.versionCode.
It works perfectly for android, but how do you set it for ios ?

2. Languages
My app targets the french market and the “main language” is set to french on the App Store Connect.
However, on the application page (on the app store), the only listed language is “English”.
Any way to change that ?

3. App compatibility
My app is listed as compatible with the iphone, ipod touch and ipad.
How can I set this to iphone only ?

Thank you very much !

Hey @mcoeur,

1. To set the build number for iOS, you use expo.ios.buildNumber in your app.json: https://docs.expo.io/versions/v31.0.0/workflow/configuration#ios (Good catch. I totally put the wrong link lol)

2. I’m actually not sure on this and will have to get back to you. There might be a chance this is something that can be configured on App Store Connect. One thing that also may be of interest to you if you haven’t discovered it already is the ability to localize permission dialogs on iOS which you can read about here: https://docs.expo.io/versions/v31.0.0/distribution/app-stores#system-permissions-dialogs-on-ios

3. Under the ios field mentioned in #1, there is also a property called supportsTablet that you can use to configure app compatibility.

Cheers,

Adam

Hey Adam,

Thank you very much for your message :slight_smile:

1. I will try that, but I think you did not send the right link to the documentation.

2. The app is only in French for now, but that’s good to know ! I have already set the main language to french the App Store Connect but the available languages are (if I remember correctly) set with Xcode before compiling

3. This key is already set to false in the app.json file but the app is still compatible with the 3 devices, I’m not sure if there is anything else I should do.

Cheers,
Mallory (yes, the previous message was send by me, but with the wrong account…)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.