"eventTime":1564592630835,
"app":"com.apple.appstored",
"rangeEndTime":1564592630,
"rangeStartTime":1564549212,
"appVersion":"1.0",
"usageClientId":"48DCE3BF-6883-4E0E-AFF7-E7A3A6A09E96",
"itemId":"982107779"
},

Yeah, I understood that you meant the actual Expo app itself.

Which means that it’s my phone (iPhone XS). Great! I guess I’ll have to brace myself and reset it.

Update: That did it! Thanks for you help! :0)

1 Like

Great. Glad to hear it’s working for you as well.

1 Like

I have a iPhone XR on iOS 13 beta 4 that is still experiencing Expo and standalone app crashes when attempting to open the apps. iPad is working fine though. Is there any idea on what is causing this? I don’t think users will be able to ‘reset’ to get Expo standalone applications to work.

Same, the Expo app itself is still crashing for me on iPhone XS on iOS 13 beta 5, released this week. Its a bummer because I was studying so hard for the 3 months prior and now I’ve a big gap where I’m just waiting for Expo team to make the app compatible so I can get back to learning and developing my silly app :frowning:

First, beta 5 (public) is out. See if it fixes your issue.
Second, have you tried and reset All Settings on your phone? It worked for me on beta 4

I have made an interesting observation. The crash directly after opening the app seems to be connected to the activation of the guided mode. If it’s turned on in the settings expo crashes immediately. If it’s turned off everything seems to work fine.

1 Like

Yes, I confirm it. Thanks!

Settings > Accessibility > Guided Access

1 Like

Thank you. Thank you. It’s booting on iPhone XS now iOS 13 beta 5. Just wish someone on expo team bothered to test or take up this issue from weeks ago.

Had the same problem trying to just get started with Expo and immediately running into an unusable client app. I’m on an XS Max running the latest iOS13 public beta (5 as of this message) and it was crashing immediately upon launch.

Turning off guided access seems to fix the immediate crash. Now onto actually using the client to see if there are any other issues.

Thanks for the workaround everyone!

I am still experiencing the same issue on an iPhone XR with the latest beta (5). Expo app crashes as well as two standalone apps.

I have tried turning off guided access but still experiencing crashes.

:frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.