Integrating SNS notifications without detaching

Hi!,

I want to use Notifications.getDevicePushTokenAsync() to get de GCM token but when I want to look if I’m getting it I receive a null (to see if i’m getting something I have a text component that prints the token and when I use the expo token It shows just fine).
There’s something that i miss? some file that i have to had? or it’s just the method Notifications.getDevicePushTokenAsync() that just doesn’t work anymore? :sob:

Thanks! :smiley:

Hey @entamburini,

That method definitely works, I’ve seen examples of it implemented just recently. You may need to set up your app for FCM, as Google turned off the server endpoints for GCM

Hope that helps :+1:

Hey @charliecruzan,

Thanks for the answer :D, how I can set up the part of build.gradle? I’m not detached with Expo so I think it’s because of that, there’s any step i’ve missed? :c

We’ve made it! :smiley: thanks a lot for all the help ^^, in fact, you don’t have to do all the steps in the google fcm page, only follow the steps in the tutorial provided before by @charliecruzan :slight_smile:

After that, we tested it with firebase console and works! :smiley: now we’ve to work with sns but knowing that the app can receive :tada:

Thanks for all!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.