Increased IPA fille size if custom credentials are used

1. SDK Version: 42.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS

Case 1: Generating Build using Enterprise Program account credentials (Distribution Cert, Provisioning Profile and Push key). IPA file size: 33MB to 40MB - Note: Apple account authenticated.

Case 2: Generating Build using Developer Program account credentials (Distribution Cert, Provisioning Profile, and Push key). IPA file size: 200MB to 220MB - Note: credentials files are manually uploaded through expo account and fetched while generating build.

I don’t know what I am doing wrong in this case or this is working as it should be.

enterprise build is intended for distribution, so it’s minimal file that can support all devices, if you would build with ad-hoc profile it would probably be a lot smaller because it needs to contain only code for specific devices. If you are building sth for app store there is no reason to care about the size because apple will do some processing on that. There are some ways to minimize that size, but I’m not sure about the details, either way it will not affect what your users will have to download

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.