In ImagePicker, confirming the taken photo is unreliable and sometimes does not react to presses on the confirm ("V") button? Issue seems much worse on my app than on a simple test app.

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 48 (but was present before)
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

Hi,

When I use the ImagePicker’s launchImageLibraryAsync - something like:

const options: ImagePickerOptions = {
    mediaTypes: ImagePicker.MediaTypeOptions.Images,
    allowsEditing: true,
    quality: 1,
    base64: true,
    allowsMultipleSelection: false,
  };

let result: ImagePicker.ImagePickerResult = await ImagePicker.launchImageLibraryAsync(options);

I am presented with the usual android’s photo-taking UI. After I take the picture, I am given the choice to confirm or cancel the taken picture (before being taken to the crop/edit view).

Often, the confirmation screen does not seem to respond to key presses correctly - I have to tap the “v” button multiple times, sometimes wait a few seconds before the image is actually accepted. I have tried to do a minimal reproducible example, however when I do the same in a new app (exact same setup, libraries etc. - but I deleted everything except for the code to launch the image picker) it seems to react much more reliably. I’m confused, since the way the image picker is launched is identical in both cases. Any idea what could cause this behavior?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.