Image flipped horizontally on Android (samsung galaxy S7) front camera

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 39.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

When I am trying to take a front image with my samsung galaxy s7 (android 8.0.0) the image is flipped horizontally, i.e not the same angle as before taking the picture. Does someone has a solution for this ?

I have tried changing the skipProcessing option but it doesn’t really help.

Hey @tompa11, does this only occur when using the front camera? Also, have you tried adding the useCamera2Api prop?

Cheers,
Adam

Hey @adamjnav ,
This only occurs with the front camera. I tried useCamera2Api = true, but it still produces the same outcome…

Thank you for the solution @whitehead , but I thought this was it and made this change before but it didn’t work. It made me really confused because I was sure it was it …

[quote=“whitehead, post:4, topic:49786, full:true”]

Open the Camera app. Tap to view detailed settings for the front camera. Tap the ON/OFF switch next to save pictures as previewed to enable or disable it. When the switch turns, means the auto-flip selfie is diabled and your phone won’t save your self-portrait photo as flipped or mirrored images.

I have done exactly what you wrote. It works on my regular camera when I take selfies, i.e it saves on preview mode. But in my app it doesn’t …

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.