If you don't use a expo library will it still get added to the final bundle?

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 38.0.9
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS

Please excuse the newbie question but at the moment I’m on an unmanaged bare workflow and I’m only using 4 expo packages (fonts, icons, splash screen and status bar). When it comes time to build my app for distribution:

1. Will all the rest of the expo libraries also be bundled even if I’m not using them or will only these 4 (and their dependencies) be?

2. If they are all bundled, is there any way of dropping the ones I don’t need without breaking the build?

3. On a similar note, I heard the user is asked to give a lot of permissions when installing expo apps, if I’m only using these 4 packages which shouldn’t require any crazy permissions, will the user still be asked for all of them?

Thanks in advance!!

I am not sure about points 1 and 2. But regarding the 3rd one there is this section in the documentation:

To use ONLY the following minimum necessary permissions and none of the extras supported by Expo in a default managed app, set permissions to [] . The minimum necessary permissions do not require a Privacy Policy when uploading to Google Play Store and are:
• receive data from Internet
• view network connections
• full network access
• change your audio settings
• draw over other apps
• prevent device from sleeping

To use ALL permissions supported by Expo by default, do not specify the permissions key.

I suppose that whoever said that "the user is asked to give a lot of permissions when installing expo apps" did not read this line in the documentation and they did not specify the permissions key in their app.json file.

I hope that makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.