How to use new web view?

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 35
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS is all I’ve tested so far

I am trying to migrate to react-native-webview from the web view from core. I have performed expo install react-native-webview as stated must be done for managed apps in the docs, but I just receive the error requireNativeComponent: "RNCWebView" was not found in the UIManager. Is this not actually compatible with apps that have not been ejected? I would like to not be forced to eject to use this component if possible.

I am seeing the same thing. The solution for now seems to be to reference "react-native-webview": "^6.11.1" in your package.json until expo updates their React Native version that’s part of the v35 bundle.

I’m still seeing the same issue with version 6.11.1.

I actually was able to find a fix that gets it working with 7.05!

Here are my steps:

(change the react-native-webview version back to "7.0.5")

In app.json, the sdkVersion needs to be updated to read 35. So mine now looks like this:

{
   "expo": {
      "sdkVersion": "35.0.0"
   }
}   

May be worth noting that I did these steps too:

1. Delete node_modules folder
  2. Change sdkVersion as noted above to 35
  3. run yarn or npm install
  4. run expo start -c
2 Likes

I actually use two app.json files, one for staging and one for production. I had forgotten to increment the expo sdkVersion on my staging.app.json when I upgraded SDKs, this fixed it for me. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.