- SDK Version: ^40.0.0
- Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
I know there are lots of permissions topics around, but I searched hard and couldn’t find this specific one.
I’m trying to reduce my permissions set to the minimum. But I can’t figure out if certain ones are needed, or what the existing ones are used for. I use camera, lowest accuracy location, and notifications (remote only - so I don’t need
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED). Based on the features I use I think I can reduce it in app.json to just
["ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION", "CAMERA"] but I’m not sure how to test this in dev, any ideas?
I use notifications, but I don’t know if I need all the permissions that come default.
I can’t figure out if I use anything that needs the following permissions that are included:
"permissions": [ "ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION", "ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION", "READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE", "READ_PHONE_STATE", "USE_FINGERPRINT", "VIBRATE", "WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE", "com.anddoes.launcher.permission.UPDATE_COUNT", "com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT", "com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE", "com.google.android.gms.permission.ACTIVITY_RECOGNITION", "com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES", "com.htc.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS", "com.htc.launcher.permission.UPDATE_SHORTCUT", "com.majeur.launcher.permission.UPDATE_BADGE", "com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.READ", "com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.WRITE", "com.sonyericsson.home.permission.BROADCAST_BADGE", "CAMERA" ],
- I know I definitely need “Camera” I added that. So I retain this.
- For location I don’t use any exact location I don’t think. I use
requiredAccuracy(so Im guessing it gives whatever lowest? the default param isn’t so clear in docs or code) and,
accuracy: Location.LocationAccuracy.Lowest. This makes me think I can remove
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATIONand just keep
- I do have notifications that cause vibration but I don’t think I need
- I don’t install short cuts so I think I can get rid of
- I don’t do jogging, sitting, climbing stairs stuff so I’m thinking I can remove
- I don’t read settings so not sure what uses