how to send notification with expo-notification without eas

a story like this, I used to try to use EAS and use it to build my apk, but there was a problem I didn’t use it and it affected the notifications I got.

problem:
expo-notification only sends notifications if my app is integrated with EAS so how can I get notifications without being integrated with EAS?.

thank you

EAS does not configure anything specific about notifications(it’s the same behavior as expo prebuild command). You need to have push notification key configured on expo, because all the requests go through our servers. If you want to be fully independent from expo infrastructure and communicate directly with apple and firebase then you need to use a different package for notification.

I used to try to use EAS and use it to build my apk, but there was a problem I didn’t use it and it affected the notifications I got.

Did you eject at this point or did your project was already bare react-native? If you switched from manged to bare you also need to follow some additional instruction https://github.com/expo/expo/tree/main/packages/expo-notifications

1 Like