How to remove AMPLITUDE SDK from my apk file? I really need your help!

Hello, can anyone guide me how to remove Amplitude SDK from my app? I have submitted my app to Amazon Store but they rejected it saying I have to remove Amplitude SDK which I’m not even using at all and don’t know existed.
Here’s my Expo Managed Workflow package.json:
{
“main”: “node_modules/expo/AppEntry.js”,
“scripts”: {
“start”: “expo start”,
“android”: “expo start --android”,
“ios”: “expo start --ios”,
“web”: “expo start --web”,
“eject”: “expo eject”
},
“dependencies”: {
“expo”: “^35.0.0”,
“expo-ads-admob”: “^7.0.0”,
“expo-asset”: “^7.0.0”,
“moment”: “^2.24.0”,
“react”: “16.8.3”,
“react-dom”: “16.8.3”,
“react-native”: “https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-35.0.0.tar.gz”,
“react-native-animatable”: “^1.3.3”,
“react-native-elements”: “^1.2.7”,
“react-native-gesture-handler”: “~1.3.0”,
“react-native-reanimated”: “~1.2.0”,
“react-native-responsive-screen”: “^1.3.0”,
“react-native-screens”: “~1.0.0-alpha.23”,
“react-native-web”: “^0.11.7”,
“react-navigation”: “^4.0.10”,
“react-navigation-stack”: “^1.10.3”,
“react-redux”: “^7.1.1”,
“redux”: “^4.0.4”,
“redux-persist”: “^6.0.0”,
“expo-web-browser”: “~7.0.0”
},
“devDependencies”: {
“babel-preset-expo”: “^7.1.0”,
“redux-devtools-extension”: “^2.13.8”
},
“private”: true
}

And it doesn’t even mention anything about Amplitude SDK. I have contacted their support team many times but they won’t listen. I need your help. I can do anything, I can eject my app, just please help remove this SDK from my app. I can’t even locate it at all :frowning:

Hey @alexnm,

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to do this with a Managed project. You’d have to use the Bare workflow to be able to exclude the Amplitude SDK from your binary. We include all the modules from the SDK in Managed projects so that you can easily make use of them via OTA updates rather than having to build a new binary every time. So even though you are not using the Amplitude module, it is still present in your binary which is why Amazon is flagging it.

Amazon has a strict policy against analytics being used for apps that are available to children. Is that the case with your app?

Cheers,
Adam

Hello, yes! Is there a simple method to remove this library with bare workflow?
Or if I exclude children from using my app will Amazon accept my app?
I just don’t want to lose children as target audience because my app is very simple guessing game where you guess a picture
Well maybe I will restrict age group for my app…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.