How to intercept file upload event

I have an app that lets the user select all photos from a Google Photos album. I’d like this app to appear as an option whenever the user clicks a File upload button in a Web page on an Android device.

However, I’ve no idea how to do this.

Looking at existing behaviour by Uploading a photo on Moonpig.com, the following happens on Android:

• A “Select an Image” screen appears showing a gallery view images stored on the device.
  • There are also options to select the Camera or to Browse other locations.,
  • Click on Browse, and a Downloads screen appears, showing recent files that have been downloaded. There is also a hamburger menu on the top left.
  • Click the hamburger menu, and an Open From sidebar slides out, listing all other apps from which files can be retrieved. On my device, these apps include Google Drive, Dropbox and ES File Explorer.

What I need to do is to add my app to this list of apps from which files can be retrieved. But I have no idea how to do this in Android, let alone React Native! It’s hard enough even to explain what I want :slight_smile:

Do I need to hook into a WebView and register my app as a download target? Do I need to use intents? Forgive me, I’m quite the noob when it comes to using intents and otherwise hooking into the main Android features using React Native.