How to create a 64 bit expo app

Hello
I have created the expo application, but it is of 32-bit
Is there any way to create / upgrade 32 bit expo app to 64 bit app,
because when i upload the app to google play store, it is showing the warning that ** This build is not compliant with 64-bit requirement
From August 1, 2019 all releases must be compliant with google play 64-bit requirement **
When will expo upgrade the react-native 0.57 to react -native 0.59.

Thanks

2 Likes

Is there any update for the expo version.
Thanks

Any news with this? We only have until August 1st which doesn’t leave too much time…

2 Likes

Same problem here.

I tried upgrading to expo 33, which is supposed to create 64-bit binaries, but I still get a warning in google play (“This release is not compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement”, “The following APKs or App Bundles are available to 64-bit devices, but they only have 32-bit native code…”)

1 Like

You have to edit all categories on the left with grey marks. If they are all green, you can progress with a release.

How do you reach this screen?

• On the left hand side I see “App Release”.
  • Under this, I click on “Production track → EDIT RELEASE”. This is where I upload my APK file.
  • At the bottom of this screen, I click on “REVIEW”
  • Under 'REVIEW SUMMARY" I see:

When I click on “Warnings”, I see the following:

I copied this message to Warning about "64-bit" and "Android App Bundles" is blocking Betatest · Issue #4597 · expo/expo · GitHub

I suggest to continue there, I think it is the proper place to discuss this.

This is not a screen but a part of the sidebar in the Google Play Console.
When selected the app from main dashboard screen, there should be a section in the sidebar like “App-Präsenz im Play Store” (German). Looks like this:
59618135-dda76d00-9127-11e9-8492-6ce6a46bfc58
Somehow two different topics meanwhile. I still have these two warnings.
So I thought they were blocking me, but instead the data provided were not complete.
Now publishing worked, but the warnings are still there.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.