How to add custom module

Hi, I would like to add a custom Swift module to a bare Expo project and am having issues getting it to show up in “NativeModules.” I have created a podspec for my module and the pod installs successfully. If I install my module in a new app created with ‘react-native init’ I can successfully import it from native modules, but in a new bare expo project it does not show up. I suspect I might need to modify AppDelegate.m to add my custom module to extraModulesForBridge, but I am not sure how to do this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

An update to this - the React Native docs give very clear instructions with code examples for how to add custom native modules. This all works fine in a vanilla RN app, but not in a bare Expo app. Does Expo have any similar documentation? All I have found is a line in AppDelegate.m that says ‘// If you’d like to export some custom RCTBridgeModules that are not Expo modules, add them here!’ - examples for this would be very handy

I haven’t been able to find a solution to this problem in Expo, so am migrating my project to vanilla React Native