How do I build via EAS using a newer version of iOS SDK? Apple has changed requirements

I am trying to do an EAS build using EAS-CLI and today I’m getting this error message:

Asset validation failed (90725)
SDK version issue. This app was built with the iOS 15.0 SDK. All iOS and iPadOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 16.1 SDK or later, included in Xcode 14.1 or later. (ID: a3310d95-f289-4afb-b067-2541ab2da007)

How do I get the build to utilize the most recent iOS SDK? I’ve tried adding a property with the 16.1 version number to my app.config.ts file but it results in errors. The project is using Expo version 44. Is that the issue or can I get around that somehow? Thanks in advance-

please refer to this guide: https://expo.fyi/outdated-sdk-versions

Submitting to app stores

Apple and Google regularly update their required iOS/Android SDK version requirements. If you are using an older Expo SDK version, your project may not compile with the latest iOS SDK or with the latest version of Xcode, and these requirements change annually. Similar rules apply for Android.

You may see an error like this when submitting an app:

SDK version issue. This app was built with the iOS 15.0 SDK. All iOS and iPadOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 16.1 SDK or later, included in Xcode 14.1 or later.

If you see this error, you will need to upgrade your project to a newer SDK version. More information is available in the upgrade guide. Alternatively, on EAS Build you can try changing the build worker image to use the required Xcode version; however, this isn’t without risks. Sometimes your app may compile but subtle regressions will be introduced. The safest option is to upgrade your project to a newer SDK version.

2 Likes

Thanks for the links, this helped me to resolve by incrementally upgrading Expo SDK from 44 to 48.

1 Like