Help with removing unused IOS default expo Permissions

I have a detached app and am trying to upload my binary to the IOS app store. They have rejected the app since it needs further clarification on the privacy permissions my app uses. I’m not using the Calendar or Contact permissions, but it seems like expokit is requiring them anyway. Is there a way to remove these permissions from xcode?

Hello! You can delete the respective *UsageDescription keys from your project’s Info.plist. I also recommend you customize the remaining ones to suit your app’s particular usage.

If you decide you want to use those removed APIs later, you’ll need to add the proper configuration key back, or the app will crash at runtime when that specific API is invoked.

Also, in case anybody is reading this thread who has a normal, non detached app: you can still customize the same information, but you do it from app.json instead. Docs about that. This particular comment only applies to exp build and does not apply to detached projects.

@ben

I tried removing these dependencies, but apple responded with:

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app’s Info.plist must contain an NSContactsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app’s Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Is this unrelated to expo then? Maybe one of my node modules are requesting them in the background?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.