Having issues with "MismatchSenderId error" from FCM when trying to push a notification

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 40.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

Hi, I’m trying to configure the app using FCM, so I used this guide to sending Notifications with FCM and this one to use FCM for Push Notifications, I got the token of my device using Notifications.getDevicePushTokenAsync() and using to test in postman like this:

Authorization:key=AAAAm_p0hoc:************************************* (Server-key from FCM)
Content-Type: application/json

{
 "to" : "fV17M******************:********************************************" (Device token),
  "priority": "normal",
    "data" : {
     "experienceId": "@tcdiastor/test-app",
      "title": "\uD83D\uDCE7 You've got mail",
      "message": "Hello world! \uD83C\uDF10"
 }
}

Also, I used the updated google-services.json and checked the senderID from file with FCM console and both are right, but I always receiving this:

{
    "multicast_id": 8047791250796355996,
    "success": 0,
    "failure": 1,
    "canonical_ids": 0,
    "results": [
        {
            "error": "MismatchSenderId"
        }
    ]
}

Is something wrong there? I think the only step I didn’t is about to make a new build with expo build:android cuz I’m testing with Metro Bundler.

Just an observation: if I send a notification using Notifications composer of FCM with the same device token, it works well.

I’m stuck on a similar problem. You get the MismatchSenderId error because you haven’t built the app with expo build:android. The device token you get before that isn’t a valid token. When you build the app, you get a different token and the error disappears.
I’m stuck on the next step. Notifications sent from my server with a token aren’t delivered. I’m getting a success response from FCM, but no notification appears in the app. If you manage to figure that one out, I’ll be very happy if you shared your discovery.

2 Likes

Thank you, the only step in tutorial I didn’t do was the main problem at all so I make a new build and now it’s working fine.

About your case, have you tried to use “experienceId” in the body of request?

i have. it turned out to be a typo i didn’t notice for days. i had a backslash in the slug. :roll_eyes:

I’m glad I could help.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.