Handling push notification receipt errors

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 36
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android and iOS

I can’t find any info on how to actually handle push notification receipt errors such as ‘DeviceNotRegistered’ on the server-side.
How do I get the actual expo token from this receipt so that I can remove it from my database? because all I get in the response is

{
    id: 'cacdca7e-b891-4cc2-a083-b4f4aee9a7de',
    message: 'The recipient device is not registered with FCM.',
    details: { error: 'DeviceNotRegistered', fault: 'developer' }
  }

Hi! I’m actually doing a rewrite of our push notifications docs to make them a little clearer. But I think you’ll find what you’re looking for there. Each push receipt corresponds to a push ticket via the id (same ID in the push ticket/receipt), and the push ticket corresponds to a particular message. This is all under the Sending notifications section of that page

yea, I realized this right after I posted the question (the rubber ducky phenomenon I guess) so now I’m storing the tickets along with the corresponding Expo token and using the receipt ID to get it
thanks for answering and, yeah, I think the push notification docs do need a bit of clarity, so thanks for rewriting them!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.