Google.useIdTokenAuthRequest() crashing Expo Go client in dev mode

SDK Version: 41
Platforms: iOS/Android
Expo Go: 2.19.3.101 with remote debugging enabled

After an update to SDK 41, my use of expo-auth-session in the Expo Go client crashes in DEV mode only. I narrowed it down to this call: Google.useIdTokenAuthRequest(googleConfig) Where Google is imported from 'expo-auth-session/providers/google'.

The error before crashing is:

ExceptionsManager.js:179 Invariant Violation: Calling synchronous methods on native modules is not supported in Chrome.

Consider providing alternative methods to expose this method in debug mode, e.g. by exposing constants ahead-of-time.

And i see that this error’s coming from node_modules/react-native/Libraries/BatchedBridge/MessageQueue.js

Also, this only happens when remote debugging is enabled, when it’s disabled it seems to work as before.

Is this a known issue? Is there something that I’m possibly missing that should be added to my code for the new sdk? It’s quite inconvenient as i can’t really debug while using the expo-auth-session library (at least with the google provider, i haven’t tried others yet).

Thanks much!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.