Google is rejecting application because of Segment Analytics Android

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 45
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

My play store build is rejected. Quick facts:

1. I am using Segment, it’s not included by accident
  2. This happens with both expo:build and eas:build
  3. I am using the latest version of the expo-analytics-segment library

Need urgent guidance. Thanks

PS. Build reference: Build Details — ab609de0-ecee-4896-b095-bd562de2c4f2 — Matrak — Expo

please refer to Android app rejected because of Segment version · Issue #17845 · expo/expo · GitHub

On Monday, June 13, we deployed expo-analytics-segment version 11.2.1 to resolve the issue for SDK 45 bare apps and apps using EAS Build. We also updated classic builds for SDK 45 to include this fix. Please run expo install expo-analytics-segment in your project to install this new version. After updating the version, bump your app version, rebuild, and resubmit.

We will deploy fixes to older SDK versions once affected users have confirmed that the issue has been resolved for them. Please confirm in this thread that the above instructions unblock your submission on SDK 45 apps with expo-analytics-segment.

if i use androidId from expo-application in my app. would it still be oke? i wont get the same error?

i don’t see how expo-application is related to this discussion - so that should be fine :wink:

Thank you very much for the prompt resolution steps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.